Since I have some new readers to Amy’s Avenue Blog I thought that I would do a quick “8 Facts About Amy” post!
1. I am a completely disorganized organized person! Confused yet? My clothes/laundry are just never put away. I try, I really do. It is just not a huge priority to me. However, at work and with my daily planner I am always working a color coded system and I am super organized. Just don’t worry about my “floordrobe” (or the backseat of my car for that matter!).
2. When I was 15 I found out that I have a sister who is 9yrs older than me. Michelle immediately took me in and we have been very close ever since. Not only did SHE take me in, her wonderful mother, my step mother Robin also took me in and has loved me as her own ever since.
3. I do not like seafood, at all! It grosses me out. I also have a hard time eating meat products. I do eat chicken once in a while and maybe once a month I will have ground beef. I have never once had a steak (Except for a disgusting bite here or there). I could go months and months without meat and I would be perfect content!
4. I am not at all a fancy girl. I own 10 pairs of shoes and 1/2 of those are flip flops. I have only gotten high heels in the last few 18 months with my new job. However I come to work in boots or slippers and I take the heels off as soon as I possibly can after work. The most expensive pair of jeans that I own were maybe $70.00! Most of my of my other pairs are $19.99- $24.99 from Old Navy. I just can’t bring myself to purchase expensive clothing! This also goes with purses! My most expensive one is maybe 30 dollars, and I PONDERED over the cost! I would rather take 100 dollars and purchase 10 things for 10 dollars each, than get 1 thing at 100 dollars. However, I will spend any amount of money on sheets. I absolutely love sheets. My current favorites are 800 thread count and I just adore them!
5. My top favorite shows of all time (in order) are 1. Lost, 2. Breaking Bad, 3. Private Practice, 4. The Office and 5. Greys Anatomy
6. I have lived in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, North Carolina, and Wyoming. The last 6 places I lived was within an 8 year period. My ex-husband was in the military so we moved… a LOT! I am back in Pennsylvania now and I am loving it! My favorite place that I lived besides PA was Wyoming. I thought I would hate it there, but the views were just breathtaking! I would love to eventually live in Colorado/Wyoming again.
7. Due to a family history of alcoholism and my own struggles in the past, I made the decision to not consume any alcohol. On February 13, 2016 I will have 18 months without anything to drink – something I am very proud of.
8. Since college I have worked in Human Resources and I was a stay at home mom for 5.5 years. My passion though is counseling and working in the world of addiction/recovery. I currently do volunteer work for a local rehab facility and I hope to gain my certification in Addiction Counseling in the very near future.
So that is just a little bit about me! I would love to hear more about my readers. Comment below and tell me an interesting fact about yourself!